Tag Archives: income tax refunds

 child support in Illinois, child support payments, DuPage county child support attorney, file for child support, Illinois taxes, income taxable, overdue child support, past due child support, tax on child support, taxable incomeIf I file a joint income tax return with my husband this year, will the IRS or the State of Illinois take our refund to pay his past due child support to his ex-wife?

The State of Illinois or the IRS may intercept your combined income tax refund if your husband owes unpaid child support to his former wife (or the mother of his child), even if he is now on a payment plan with the State of Illinois to pay that child support in installments.

Back Child Support and the Treasury Offset Program

Continue reading

Recent Blog Posts



Free Initial Consultations

phone 630-920-8855
address15 North Lincoln Street, Hinsdale, IL 60521
phone 331-588-6611
address21 North 4th Street, Geneva, IL 60134
Our firm handles family law and personal injury matters for clients in Chicago and throughout the western suburbs including DuPage County, Will County, Kane County, Cook County and the cities of Aurora, Bloomingdale, Bolingbrook, Burr Ridge, Carol Stream, Darien, Downers Grove, Elmhurst, Glen Ellyn, Hinsdale, Joliet, Kendall County, Lombard, Naperville, Oak Park, Oak Brook, Oakbrook Terrace, Clarendon Hills, Oswego, Park Ridge, Roselle, St. Charles, Geneva, Villa Park, Warrenville, Wheaton, Western Springs, LaGrange, Winfield, Woodridge and Yorkville.

© 2020 Law Office of Martoccio & Martoccio 15 North Lincoln Street, Hinsdale, IL 60521 630-920-8855

OVC Lawyer Marketing

Share Your Experience