We at Martoccio & Martoccio continue to serve our clients, file new cases and have Motions heard by a Judge even though the Courts are closed. You can count on us in these troubling times. Please stay safe, take precautions, and contact us if we can help you in any way.
And to help during this time here are 5 ideas for things to do with kids during quarantine (tested by someone with a 6 and 2-year-old).
1. Help your kids connect with other kids in your neighborhood, even if they can’t actually go near them. A lot of kids in our neighborhood are putting teddy bears in windows so that kids who walk by can see them and look for other people’s teddy bears while out on a walk. Same for signs to their school friends (if they live nearby), and complicated hopscotch paths (Turn around in a circle! Touch your toes! Wave!), so that anyone who goes by can do them.
2. All.the.art.projects. We love art in our house, and we have made art out of recycled things (recycled robot/satellite, etc.), we gathered sticks and rocks on our walk and made a fake ﬁre in our backyard, we made a book called “I can only draw dots” (based on the book “I can only draw worms) and sent a video the grandparents of us reading it. We also made a road by cutting out paper and taping it to the ﬂoor (you could also do this just on big poster board if you have one, or out of recyclable things) and made trees/houses/a school, etc. to make it a whole town), and then drove cars on it.
3. We made a “toy store” in one of our closets using toys that the kids don’t play with all the time. If your garage is big enough, you could use that for your toy store too. If the kids get bored, they go to the “toy store” and grab a toy, but they have to replace it with another toy.
4. Zoom/Skype dates every day. A parent in the 6-year-old’s school has been doing this, every day at 10:00 they have a 30-minute meeting where they read short books and let the kids wave to each other. We also try to skype their grandparents every day or almost every day.
5. Make a Ninja Warrior course out of pillows, chairs to crawl under, ottomans, whatever you have.
We hope this helps keep you and your children entertained during your quarantine.
Please remember we are open and ready to help you with your legal needs.