Category Archives: Family Law

IL divorce lawyerUnfortunately, domestic violence continues to be a serious issue in the United States. In fact, a study by the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence found that in this country, approximately 20 men and women are physically abused by an intimate partner every minute.

Although most people consider domestic violence physical abuse. It can also be physical, psychological, emotional, financial, or sexual abuse. Since the majority of individuals who are victims of abuse try to justify the actions of the abuser, they fail to report the domestic violence.

Failing to report domestic violence is incredibly dangerous because domestic violence almost always escalates. In order to fight domestic violence, all the states in the United States have laws for emergency orders of protection, which are also known as restraining orders.

Continue reading

IL divorce lawyerSocial media can hurt your divorce in a variety of ways. Therefore, it is important to be extra careful when posting on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media outlets during the divorce process. To ensure your rights are protected and increase your chances of the best possible case outcome, refrain from posting about the following.

An Expensive Purchase

It can be tempting to want to show off a new vehicle or designer handbag to your social network. However, doing so can be used in court to show the type of lifestyle you live. Any sign that you are not being truthful about your finances can serve as a red flag and be used against you. Keep any large, expensive purchase to yourself.

Continue reading

IL divorce lawyerDivorce is a challenging situation for fathers, mothers, and children. However, it can be particularly difficult for fathers, especially if the divorce was not their idea. Let’s take a closer look at five of the most common challenges divorcing fathers frequently face.

Loss of Control

When a father is going through the divorce process, they may feel like they no longer have control of their life. The good news is that working with an experienced divorce lawyer can help them feel more in control of their future and ensure their rights are protected.

Continue reading

IL divorce lawyerAfter a divorce, you may enter the dating world and meet someone special. If you have children, you are likely wondering when and how to introduce a new partner to them after a divorce. Since the way you introduce them may impact your future and whether or not your children approve of your partner, it is important to follow these rules.

Time the Introduction Properly

Be careful of when you introduce your children to your new partner. Make sure that you truly know your partner and have had enough time to determine whether your relationship is a short fling or a long-term commitment. If you are confident that your partner will be in your life in the future and your children have adjusted to your divorce and moved passed the anger and sadness stage, you can introduce them to your children.

Continue reading

IL divorce lawyerAfter a divorce, one or both spouses may wish to relocate. Whether they do so because they landed a new job, would like to be closer to their side of the family, or simply want a fresh start, it is important to take their child’s best interests in consideration. Let’s take a closer look at what to do if you are planning on relocating with your child after divorce.

A Written Notice

If you are interested in relocating with your child, you must provide the other parent with a written notice. If possible, the notice should be given to them at least 60 days before you plan to move. In the event 60 days is not an option, as soon as possible will do.

Continue reading

Free Initial Consultations

phone 630-920-8855
address15 North Lincoln Street, Hinsdale, IL 60521
phone 331-588-6611
address21 North 4th Street, Geneva, IL 60134
Our firm handles family law and personal injury matters for clients in Chicago and throughout the western suburbs including DuPage County, Will County, Kane County, Cook County and the cities of Aurora, Bloomingdale, Bolingbrook, Burr Ridge, Carol Stream, Darien, Downers Grove, Elmhurst, Geneva, Glen Ellyn, Hinsdale, Joliet, Kendall County, Lombard, Naperville, Oak Park, Oak Brook, Oakbrook Terrace, Clarendon Hills, Oswego, Park Ridge, Roselle, St. Charles, Geneva, Villa Park, Warrenville, Wheaton, Western Springs, LaGrange, Winfield, Woodridge and Yorkville.

© 2018 Law Office of Martoccio & Martoccio 15 North Lincoln Street, Hinsdale, IL 60521 630-920-8855

OVC Lawyer Marketing

Share Your Experience